Laptop Battery Care and Usage Tips for Getting More From a Notebook Battery
1. Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth – Most laptops have shortcut keys to instantly disable wireless networking.
2. Don’t play computer games, music or DVD movies – Multimedia activities drain laptop batteries.
3. Disconnect all external devices like PC Card modems, Fire wire, USB devices and optical drives. Use the notebook touchpad instead of an external mouse.
4. Adjust your screen brightness – Dimming your display saves battery power.
5. Tweak Windows Power Options – Choose a Laptop power scheme that turns off the notebook monitor and hard disk after 10 minutes of inactivity.
6. Decrease or mute the Laptop Speaker Volume.
7. Turn off all scheduled tasks.
8. Turn off Auto-save features in Microsoft Office and other applications.
9. If your PC has a built-in wireless card, turn it off or disable it when not in use.
10. Programs that are run from a CD or DVD can be copied to and run from the hard drive, which typically consumes less power than an optical drive.
Looking for the longest battery life laptop? Actually, many factors affect the amount of time that a laptop battery can deliver power before it must be recharged.