In order to ensure that your new li-lion or li-poly battery will work properly, provide long and operation time lifespan please follow instructions below:
- Insert the battery into the laptop and turn it on without the AC adapter connected.
- Use the battery until system alerts low battery level (usually5-15 %).
- Do not let the battery to discharge completely. It may cause irreversible cells damage.
- Connect the AC adapter and charge the battery according to the device’s instructions.
- After 3-5 complete charging cycles, the battery should reach its maximum capacity.
The battery status might be incorrectly read at the first charging cycle and the charging process might be stopped after a few minutes. If it happens, please take the battery out, and wait a minute and try again.
Charging problems may be also caused by worn charger. Sometimes the charger keeps the device turned on, but they do not charge the battery. In such a case, you should check if the same situations occurs with another charger.
Preserving the battery condition:
- Discharge and charge the battery at least once per 3-4 weeks. It is necessary for keeping the battery in a good condition. If the battery is not in use for a long time, its durability could significantly decrease. In some cases, constant charging without discharging cycle may shorten it to a few minutes.
- If the battery does not be in use within a month, take it out from the device charged above 50% and keep it in a dry, cool place away from metallic objects. When the battery will be is use again, it should complete charging cycles as the completely new one (3 complete charging cycles with discharging to the level of 5-10%). DO NOT use short cycles as they are shortening the battery’s life.
Every new battery may cause minor problems at the beginning of use.
Safety precautions and battery usage:
Please keep all safety measures during utilization. Improper use or against provided instructions may be a cause a serious personal injuries and property damage. The battery should not be: put into a fire, placed closed to heating devices (the battery may explode if the temperature is too high), do not squash or pierce, do not bite or suck it, do not open the casing, do not use the battery with devices other than it is designed for, keep away from metallic objects (the battery’s poles might get connected and cause temporary or permanent damage). Do not cover it or place on soft surfaces which may interfere with proper cooling (i.e. blankets, cushions, bedsheets etc.) The battery is not a toy – it can be used by children only with a parental advisory. If you notice any disturbing smell, sound, leakage or smoke stop the usage immediately and contact the producer.
Do not use damaged or leaking battery!
The battery should be protected against high pressure. It may cause a short circuit or overheat. Keep it between 0°C to 45°C. The operating temperature should be between 5°C to 35°C. Ignoring the instructions and safety measures may be the cause of serious personal injuries and property damage.